To be eligible for the Amgen Scholars Program Australia program you must:
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university in Australia, New Zealand or Oceania
- Have completed two years of an equivalent Australian bachelor degree in a scientific field at time of the program, and have at least two semesters left of your degree. (i.e. for 2022 ASP, you will have finished your second year at the end of 2021 and expect to graduate at the end of 2022.) [This requirement is flexible in certain circumstances – please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about your eligibility]
You must also have:
- A weighted average mark equivalent to 75% (GPA 3.2) or above in relevant 1st and 2nd year subjects
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership.
- Interest and enthusiasm for a research higher degree in a scientific field, and intend on pursuing a career in scientific research.
- OR, you are Indigenous and have a WAM equivalent to 55% or above in relevant 1st and 2nd year subjects
Applicants experiencing financial or personal hardship are encouraged to apply. Students from linguistically diverse, rural, international or Indigenous backgrounds are also encouraged to apply. Such factors are taken into account when evaluating applications.