To be eligible for the Amgen Scholars Program Australia program you must:
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university from across Oceania – Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific.
- Have completed two years of an equivalent Australian Bachelor degree in a scientific field before the summer program begins, and at the end of the program have at least two semesters left of your undergraduate degree (i.e. to be eligible for the ASP 2024, you will have finished your second year at the end of 2023 and expect to graduate at the end of 2024).
You must also have:
- A weighted average mark (WAM) equivalent to 75% (GPA 3.2) or above in relevant 1st and 2nd year subjects; and
- Demonstrate academic excellence and leadership; and
- Have interest and enthusiasm for a research higher degree in a scientific field;
- OR, you are Indigenous and have a weighed average mark (WAM) equivalent to 55% or above in relevant 1st and 2nd year subjects.
Applicants experiencing financial or personal hardship are encouraged to apply. Students from linguistically diverse, rural, international or Indigenous backgrounds are also encouraged to apply. Such factors are taken into account when evaluating applications.